Sunday 20 July 2014

FMP - Natural Homes Wizard House

Due to my hand in was over, I had to resubmit my project, so with little time I had I did my best to improve and neaten my level from the previous one and went about creating a proper house as the main focal point of the Forest Level.


Well I decided to revisits one of my main mood-board, just to get back into the feel of it all and the direction I wanted to take it.


 I decided to chop down and have the main references that were the most inspiring.

Due to the walls was being made of cobbed material, which I am basing it from. It allowed me complete sculpted freedom, to enjoy and create random and conscious shapes and symbols.

I'm fascinated in alot of things and I enjoy un-covering symbolism in alot of signs, words, pictures, symbols etc. Thus I decided to create my own symbolic building because the Natural Homes are symbolic to the creators whom made them. So subconsciously based around my self, from my own interests and passions for this I wanted to implement these things into my Nature Homes building.


These are symbolism and meaning based around, Magical symbols, pagan, elemental and star constellations. Some are 'official' and others were created by the community, just to give me ideas on making my own from them.

Extra symbolic symbols such as  Magical Glyph, Tree of Life and geometric, patterns, which would aid the Wizard Theme.


I wanted an Yin and Yang theme, duality, shadow & light, male & female and other deeper meaning of Sun and Moon symbolism. Which also will fit with the rest of the theme and to have one as an entrance and a exit sculptor of my building.


This was looking at space and time, psychedelic, extraterrestrial and constellations symbols.


I had problems with typology when importing the base mesh into Zbrush, when I was increasing the typology it was really screwing up, I went back in to max and made sure there were correct cuts, but didn't work. So I decided to still import that and then used a cylinder underneath, when I trace out the windows and doors, so I know where they were placed at. Job done!


I was stuck and just practicing, to get a feel for it all and getting used to Zbrush again with it's tools and brushes and coming up with shape and design.


This was going to be the back of the house, just roughly deciding how I would like how it to look. With the two moons sculpted at the head of the backdoor.


Just the side of the house, was just messing with some spirals and noticing how flat it all looks, it was good I notice this because I eventually mis-shape the house to be more organic!


Just a quick front of the house, playing with some symbols and sculpted sun sign at the head of the front door.

No comments:

Post a Comment